Lately I have been amazed at how clean and maintained the backyard has been. When I say this, I am refering to the kids toys. I went outside a few weeks ago and was picking up the toys etc. and asked hunter where all of his toys were? I had gone to the store and purchased a few new balls, trucks, scooter etc. and i didn't see them in the backyard anywhere. So...we looked in hunter's room, kaylee's room even in the bathroom, and I just couldn't figure out were these new toys had disapered too.
So, I asked hunter again " Hunter where are your new balls mommy just baught you at the store," and his reply (with a half smile of his face) said "Sissy threw them over the fence". So of course I go get kaylee and ask her if she threw them over the fence, and of course she replied " No! Hunter did it!" I then explained to my children that throwing stuff over the fence is not good, and that we can't do that becuase the dog next door will eat them and they wont ever come back. They seemed to get the point and told me that they understood and wouldn't do it again. Well........you can only guess what happens again, and again, again!
Hunter seems to think the our 3 neighboring backyards should share in our home decor, toys, clothes, kids size 10 shoes, and an abundant amount of rocks and charcoal. We have had our neighbor tell us she was sitting out in her back yard and over flies 3 pieces of charcoal nearling knocking her out and hitting her window.
I have spanked him, put him in time out ( longer than a 3 year old should be) and even grounded him from going out in the backyard, but NOTHING works because he continues to do it!
I had decorated our table on our porch with a pretty table cloth, coordinating material, and even a pot for flowers, and I was quite proud of it. But I guess it didn't belong in our backyard and hunter felt our neighbor ( who he nearly knocked out... so she claims) needed it more than we did, so.......he threw the pot and peice of material over the fence! I can only imagine what she thought when she looked out her patio window and saw a flying pot come over her fence! She hasn't knock on our door yet so we are in the clear for now :)
What can I say! This little boy keeps me on my toes ALL .THE. TIME.!
-Jackie
2 comments:
All I have to say is Oh my! Sorry! I'm sure its just a phase, but when will the phase stop, right.
What a stinker! You would think he wouldn't want the dog to get his stuff. I'm actually surprised Noah and Cooper haven't done this yet. Hopefully Hunter will realize soon that it isn't coming back once he has no toys to play with at all. Good luck!
Post a Comment